I am a program manager for an American tour operator and for each of my groups to Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta I have always booked the local guide through Pronto Guide.
Private Alps Tour
Expert Local Guide
Beautiful Alps Vistas
Private Day Tour
An Unforgettable Alpine Adventure
Join me for an incredible private tour of the Alps. I will guide you from Lake Maggiore to the Alps where you can experience the culture of the Walser people and admire the stunning vistas. You will also see an impressive waterfall, enjoy a traditional lunch and learn so much about this historical and beautiful area of the world – all set against the incredible backdrop of the world-renowned Alps mountain range!
Explore the historic village of Formazza with its unique architecture against the backdrop of Alpine pastures and rocky mountains
Marvel at the imposing Toce waterfall
Chill in the quaint and tiny village of Riale
Enjoy lunch with some traditional local cuisine
Visit the “Town of Culture” Domodossola close to the border with Switzerland, with its fascinating old town centre
Click the tabs to find out more
350 USD for 2 people
400 USD for 4 people
Private car (not included)
Your accommodation in Stresa or Baveno
- Summer months (June to August)
- Only on Saturdays and Sundays or other festivities (opening days of the waterfall to be confirmed)
1-4 people – contact me for larger groups
Professional, friendly guiding services: I shall be your personal assistant throughout the tour and share my expertise. I can deliver a great deal of information about the things we see. In addition, I am here to introduce you to our region and culture and to help with whatever questions you may have.
What to bring
- Cash/credit card
- Warm jacket
- Umbrella (occasionally, check the weather!)
- Comfortable shoes
About your guide
Daniela Grisoni – certified tour guide
What You'll See & Do
We will start the day from your hotel in your private car and drive from Lake Maggiore to Val Formazza, a valley in the Alps where the Walser people (German origin) established and built their stone villages 800 years ago (a 1-hour drive). The village has distinctive architecture and is in a beautiful Alpine setting making for some amazing photo opportunities.
We will then make a stop at the incredible Toce waterfall before continuing our Alps adventure with a visit to Riale. This is a quaint little village with a few intriguing points of interest in an incredibly beautiful mountainous setting. We will then stop for a traditional lunch.
Before heading back to base, we’ll stop in the historical town of Domodossola where there are fascinating buildings such as Palazzo Silva, a 14th-century building housing a civic museum Palazzo San Francesco, the parish church.
Please note: If you are interested in a day-out in the Alps when the waterfall is not open, I can organize a different tour for you.
Important Information - Covid-19 Policy
I follow the guidance from the Institute of Tourist Guiding(opens in a new tab):
- I will ensure I am familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- I will maintain government-recommended social distancing between myself and clients at all times.
- I will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with guests.
- I will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitizer when this is not possible.
- If requested, I will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- I will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitizer points are available.
- Remote audio devices (such as Whisper, Vox and various apps) can be effective for social distancing on guided tours. I can happily work with these.
- I will ensure guests are fully aware of sites’ specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- I know the towns and cities where I will lead tours intricately. I am familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or avoid them completely.
What Previous Guests Have Said
Couldn’t have asked for better. Extremely knowledgeable, kind and patient, speaks excellent English. Customized the tour exactly the way we wanted it, and a very sweet person besides. Perfection
We had an amazing day with Daniela…she is delightful, friendly, knowledgeable and understood what we needed and delivered in spades…you are a star…thank you so so much! Couldn’t be better!
Daniela was an outstanding tour guide who I would highly recommend. She was fun and informative and helped tailor the day to exactly what we wanted.