Daniela is a first-class guide and her passion for the Piedmont and Lago Maggiore regions is inspiring. Not only did she entertain us with fantastic background information and historical insights…
Lago Maggiore - Private Tour of the Borromean Islands
Intriguing Regional Stories
Experience the Beauty of Lake Maggiore & the Borromean Islands
At a short distance from Milan, the Borromean Islands are the highlight of any stay at Lago Maggiore. So come and join me on this amazing private Lake Maggiore tour. Be prepared for breathtaking scenery as you gaze upon the shimmering blue waters of the lake. You’ll then be wowed on a tour of the beautiful Borromean Islands where you will visit a Baroque palace, terraced and botanical gardens, a renaissance-styled villa, a village of fishermen and many more charming attractions. If you want even more attractions in one day, then you can purchase our Relaxing Boat Tour add-on.
Be wowed by the breathtaking scenery of Lake Maggiore
Gaze upon Isola Bella with its early Baroque-style palace
See beautiful peacocks strut around the stunning terraced gardens
Visit the luxuriant Isola Madre with its botanical garden and Renaissance-style villa
Explore the charming Fishermen's Island, home to a beautiful rustic village
Hear unique stories of the area on an expertly-guided tour
Click the tabs to find out more
- 300 USD for 2 people
- 350 USD for 4 people
*Contact me for larger groups*
**Prices do not include entrance fees and boat transfer**
Relaxing Boat Tour: Cruise around the lake on either the local boat or private transport and enjoy the shore views, the rolling hills, beautiful colors, luxuriant vegetation, villas and gardens and a monastery built on a cliff hanging over the lake.
Price: +60 USD for my service + extra boat fare
You can choose between the regular ferry service or a private taxi boat
Between 9 am & 11:30 am
Your hotel or a specified address or an intersection. We could also meet at the pier. Some hotels have a pier for boats offering a private service to certain locations.
Every day between March/April* until November 1st
*The exact opening date of the islands change each year
20 people maximum
- Professional, friendly guiding services: I shall be your personal assistant throughout the tour and share my expertise. I can deliver a great deal of information about the things we see. In addition, I am here to introduce you to our region and culture and to help with whatever questions you may have.
- Radioguides are compulsory and included
- You can choose between a regular public ferry or a private boat service (not included in the price of the tour)
- Entrance fees to Isola Bella and Isola Madre: 25,00 euros per person (2021 price)
What to bring
- Cash/credit card
- Umbrella (occasionally, check the weather!)
- Comfortable shoes
About your guide
Daniela Grisoni – certified tour guide
What You'll See & Do
We’ll step foot on Isola Bella and visit the wealthy and sumptuous Baroque palace and its Italian-style terraced gardens. Get your cameras at the ready!
We will also visit the tiny Isola Pescatori and visit the alluring church in the village before allowing ourselves some free time for lunch and shopping on the island. If we get there at the right time in the afternoon, we can experience the life of an ancient village with the charming colored fishermen’s houses protecting their Baroque church. It’s a truly wonderful sight!
We will head to Isola Madre by boat and visit a luxuriant English-style botanical garden with a stunning villa in the middle of it. You will have fun admiring a collection of marionettes and little theatres in the villa.
Good to know: I’ve been a tour guide on these islands for more than 20 years, but I still enjoy passing from one room to another in the marvelous palaces and basking in the atmosphere of the gardens in all seasons as if it were my first day!
Important Information - Covid-19 Policy
I follow the guidance from the Institute of Tourist Guiding(opens in a new tab):
- I will ensure I am familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- I will maintain government-recommended social distancing between myself and clients at all times.
- I will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with guests.
- I will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitizer when this is not possible.
- If requested, I will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- I will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitizer points are available.
- Remote audio devices (such as Whisper, Vox and various apps) can be effective for social distancing on guided tours. I can happily work with these.
- I will ensure guests are fully aware of sites’ specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- I know the towns and cities where I will lead tours intricately. I am familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or avoid them completely.
What Previous Guests Have Said
We can’t imagine a better guide than Daniela Grisoni…what an exciting, personable, and knowledgeable person she is.
We went to beautiful Lake Maggiore where our guide Daniela Grisoni showed us around. Her depth of knowledge of the history, geography and horticulture of the area was outstanding.